Application Process and Requirements
- Applicants are required to submit a pre-application.
- Reasonable indirect costs may now be included for consideration as a part of the grant award.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email notification after submitting a completed application.
- Requests for clarification, additional information or modification will be sent to the applicant via email.
- Ferring will give careful consideration to all eligible requests based on relevance to our guidelines, merit and available resources.
- Previous funding is not an indicator of future support.
- Applicants will be notified via email within 4 weeks of the submission deadline regarding the outcome of their application.
- Successful applicants will be provided with a target budget and a link to re-enter the grant portal to submit a full proposal.
- Full proposals must be submitted within 4 weeks of notification
- Research grant recipients will be notified within 4 weeks of the submission deadline.
- Ferring Innovation Grants will be funded for research projects to be completed within one year commencing on December 31st.
The pre-application process has been designed for ease of use and requires the following information:
- Investigator name, title and affiliation
- Type of research grant requested
- Title (20 words): The title should contain sufficient information to enable the reviewer to clearly know the therapeutic area and proposed target.
- Brief overview of project (200 words): In this section please provide the background supporting the scientific hypothesis.
- Scientific rationale and aims of the project (500 words): In this section please provide the scientific rationale for your hypothesis and 2-3 specific aims proposed to test the hypothesis, along with a summary of the potential application of the findings.
- Upload a current résumé.
- Information provided in the pre-application must be non-confidential in nature.
Full Proposal Requirements
The full proposal must include:
- Scientific rationale and aims (550 words): In this section please provide the scientific rationale for your hypothesis. Describe in detail 2 to 3 aims of the project that will be used to test your hypothesis and that can be completed in a 12 month period.
- Detailed experimental outline for each individual aim (1500 words): In this section describe in detail the experiment(s) you propose to carry out over the 12 month funding period to address each individual aim, along with expected outcome and potential application of the findings.
- Work plan with a timeline (use excel file provided)
- Detailed budget (use excel file provided)
- Two additional supportive documents may also be uploaded.
Research grant recipients will be notified within 4 weeks of the submission deadline.
Ferring Innovation Grants will be funded for research projects to be completed within one year commencing in December.
Intellectual property ownership shall be determined in accordance with U.S. patent and copyright laws, and may be subject to the policies of the research grant recipient’s institution.
Prior to funding of the research grant, the recipient and a designated representative of the recipient’s institution must execute an agreement (Ferring Innovation Grants Agreement), which sets forth intellectual property rights, publication, and other requirements relevant to the proposed research.
Ferring Innovation Grants requests must be limited to a reasonable estimate of the cost of the grant-funded activities. Please complete the Budget form provided.
Listed below are expenses Ferring shall not support:
- Lavish venues and meals
- Travel, lodging, honoraria, registration, compensation or individual expenses for attendees
- Contingency/unspecified expense line items
- Other costs that are neither reasonable nor customary
Ferring Innovation Grants recipients will be required to provide two status reports during the funding period.
A Progress Report is due within 30 days following completion of the first 6 months of the project. It must be submitted using the Progress Report form that can be downloaded from the FRI website.
The Final Report is due within 30 days of the end of the funding period. It must be submitted using the Final Report form that can be downloaded from the FRI website.
Change in Scope
Ferring Innovation Grants recipients will be required to notify Ferring of any changes that may impact their ability to perform the work outline in their proposal. For example: change in institution of employment, a change in their employment status, or unforeseen technical difficulties.
Work Plan and Budget Form
View complete Ferring Innovation Grants Program Summary