The program will provide a limited number of research grants:
- Exploratory grants: support feasibility studies that will confirm the target’s role in the proposed indication.
- Discovery grants: support further research on targets with existing in vitro data validating its utility in the proposed indication. The planned research should provide data to support transferring the target to a drug discovery program.
- Competitive Postdoctoral and Graduate Student Fellowships: support research in one of FRI’s areas of interest.
- Funding levels will range from $50,000 to $100,000.
- Reasonable indirect costs may also be included as part of the research grant award.
Intellectual property ownership shall be determined in accordance with U.S. patent and copyright laws, and may be subject to the policies of the research grant recipient’s institution.
Prior to funding of the research grant, the recipient and a designated representative of the recipient’s institution must execute an agreement (Ferring Innovation Grants Agreement), which sets forth intellectual property rights, publication, and other requirements relevant to the proposed research.
View complete Ferring Innovation Grants Program Summary